Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Stamp



For my stamp art project I chose to go with a Día De Los Muertos theme (aka Day of the Dead). For those of you who aren't familiar with the holiday it's the day where family and friends gather, pray and remember their loved ones who have died. I have seen a couple of really cool stamps made for this particular holiday and thought I could try and put my own twist on it. The original picture that started my process was the picture of the two girls. It's a picture that my mother had actually snapped of me (on the left) and my friend Nicole (right) this past Halloween where we dressed as Day of the Dead women/ghosts. I had never used photoshop before, this was my first attempt! Most stamps I see are more cartoonish skulls and skeletons that I think are cute and fun but I wanted to make something a little more spooky. I hope you like it, tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Really glad to see the finished product... hope to read your museum blog really soon...

    ReplyDelete